ViewedWidget not working; trying to hide pages with same category as page from showing

• Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’m currently using Tags to populate the Related Posts. For Categories in the widget, I have this checked, like so: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j3lw4m6jfn7khy/Screenshot%202017-06-22%2018.55.28.png?dl=0 to not show any pages under the related category. For example, when I had everything on, Page A under category Basics was showing Page B, which is also under the category Basics. But I don’t want Page B to show under related to posts on Page A because it’s the same category.

But nothing is loading on the page now with the widget, even though I’ve turned on all the categories. I know something is working, because where I use the shortcode, the related posts do show. But, I can’t use that everywhere, because I need to tailor the related posts to hide the pages with the same category from showing up. Help please? Much appreciated!

iLen
    Keymaster

Hello, if you do not want to show some posts inside other posts you can use the option of Yuzo free, Metabox, with this you can exclude related posts within a posts.
    yuzo metabox
    I wait for your answer

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  iLen.
    katipatrick
    Participant

Thanks! Is there a way to do that through the widget? I am also still having the issue where the widget is not populating at all, except for the title. Any thoughts? Your help is appreciated!

katipatrick
    Participant

Hello,

Some more insight into the problem – I found that the widget disappears when I try to hide certain categories from populating; unless I have All checked in the widget, nothing will show up; and when this is checked, only related posts from the same page category shows up, even though I have it assigned to pull related Tags. In short, I want any related posts (by tag) to show up on the page, but not to be related by category, or show anything from the same category on the page. Again, appreciate your help! 🙂

iLen
    Keymaster

The metabox inside the posts is not connected with the widget, I think this could be a problem, in the Pro version if they are united and the algorithm of tags is much better, I think that you could migrate to Pro to test these options, you could do A discount for launching.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.