ResolvedShow thumbnail from Youtube

• Author
    Participant

Hello!
    I’ll bother you again. This time I want to show thumbnail of post which are video type and from Youtube. Would you plz let your plugin show the thumbnail instead of the default image? It will be more appealing then.

You can see one of the example here: http://lefroyee.com/language-skills/2015/03/only-6-british-jihadists-bank-accounts-frozen-in-uk/

Thanks!

iLen
    Keymaster

Hi, There are some factors that complicate things in your request:

1) Yuzo can know the type of post but may not know that ‘goal’ of your theme is that he has the url of the video.

2) As the video is not in the text of the content Yuzo you can not catch

3) The solution would be that within each post to add a field to the URL of the image and put the url of the video on Youtube to Yuzo check if the field is full and take that image.

ok

Pirlo Wang
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I hit on this idea because I previously used the nRelated plugin and it had the similar function, which could make the single post not dumb and attractive.

I actually don’t know much about the technique things, but after I read your reply, I googled some articles, one of them illustrated clearly that Youtube had a system that allowed the user to update the thumbnail to the video or Youtube would generate a default one if not updated. You can check here and see whether it is feasible in Yuzo.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2068344/how-do-i-get-a-youtube-video-thumbnail-from-the-youtube-api

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Pirlo Wang.
    iLen
    Keymaster

That’s not the problem, catch the youtube url of a text is simple, the problem is as Yuzo can know the url of the video that caught ?, part in its ‘theme’ where you put the video link on youtube ?, send me one capture.

Pirlo Wang
    Participant

As you can see, after I select the video post type in section 1 which is enabled by a plugin called Parks & Parker Post Formats, then I copy and paste the Youtube URL to the section 2.

How to insert the Youtube URL

iLen
    Keymaster

That METABOX is your own wordpress theme, Yuzo can not identify that Metabox as it pertains directly.
    What I would recommend is to upload the picture of the video where it says ‘Featured Image’ Yuzo going there if you can recognize.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Show thumbnail from Youtube’ is closed to new replies.