ResolvedRelated Post does not appear at the real bottom of the post

• Author
    Participant

My theme, Mesocolumn, allows us to add top and bottom single post ad banners in posts from the customizer. I also use a plugin call WP User Frontend that lets frontend users to submit post from a frontend form and the form includes an element that would let users upload an image from their device. This image is supposed to show up at the bottom of the post as well.

But Related Post ends up appearing above the bottom post ad banner and the uploaded image from the plugin.

I contacted my theme author. Since I don’t know codes so this is his reply,

you need to consult with the plugin author on this: the issue here is the related post is echo after the_content(), thereโ€™s nothing i can do to filter in without knowing the add_filter() code for this plugin. ask the author

โ€˜how to manual insert related post in single.php?โ€™

So I hope this will help me solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

Sorry that my site is still localhosted so I can’t really provide a link here.

Best Regards

Ed Hughes
    Participant

Sorry that I forgot to add another question:

The label “Related Post” is too close to the bottom of post right above it. How can we add some margin on the top so it won’t be so close to the bottom of the post?

Thank you.

iLen
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Yuzo Free gives instructions on how to put the related posts anywhere in the template, in your case it would be in the single.php file below the_content() function. Put this function under the_content() function inside single.php
    <?php if ( function_exists( "get_yuzo_related_posts" ) ) { get_yuzo_related_posts(); } ?> and desativate option Yuzo setting -> Advanced -> Automatically append to the post content

I await your prompt reply.

Ed Hughes
    Participant

Hi,

It works properly now. Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Ed Hughes
    Participant

Hi there,

Forgot to ask this question:

Since the Single.php is in the parent theme file, which means every time when the theme gets update, I’ll have to remember to redo this same thing. What codes should I add to the child theme’s functions.php so that it will stay whenever the theme gets updated?

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Ed Hughes. Reason: To add Thank You in the end
    iLen
    Keymaster

Hello, within the folder of the child-theme you must add the modified single.php, when the Theme is updated it will never modify the single.php of the child-theme folder and so it is never over-written.

Please if you solve this problem do not forget to vote 5 stars for the plugin to continue improving it ๐Ÿ™‚
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/yuzo-related-post/reviews/?filter=5

Darren Musi
    Participant

Dear Author,

I’ve never done this before, but do you mean I copy the entire modified single.php, which has 108 lines in my theme, and then paste it to the child theme folder where the functions.php is also located? Thank you.

iLen
    Keymaster

Yes, with this will always be shown the single.php of the child-theme regardless of which theme is updated, with this is not over write changes ๐Ÿ™‚

Ed Hughes
    Participant

Thank you. I just did that.

I believed I already rate a 5 stars when first time trying to access this forum.

Have a nice day:)

iLen
    Keymaster

Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Related Post does not appear at the real bottom of the post’ is closed to new replies.